26.3.21

I have nothing

"The Sith. The Sith took everything from me. Ripped me from my mother's arms, murdered my brother, used me as a weapon, and then cast me aside. Abandoned me. Once, I had power, now I have nothing. Nothing."

After Bane, here another undeniably-not-good-guy who fascinates me.
Despite the pitiful recap above (although all true), I'm not really with both feet on the 'poor Maul victim of the circumstances' wagon.

That said, he is a formidably well written character.
The strength, the commitment.
Sure, the absolute CRAZINESS too.
But, he has a plan. He is focused.
And I admire that.

"You may think I am evil. I am not.
I am efficient."

And, the be honest, he was just saying the unquestionable truth during the siege of Mandalore. He was so unbearably unlucky with the timing. Literally, a few hours later, Obi-Wan would attempt to defeat Anakin himself.

"Too late for what? The Republic to fall? It already has and you just can't see it. There is no justice, no law, no order. Except for the one that will replace it. The time of the Jedi has passed. They cannot defeat Sidious. But together, you and I can."

Maybe this is why I like him.
He says terrible, impossible to swallow truths.
Nevertheless, truths.
And I always admire boldness.

"Justice is merely the construct of the current power base. A base, which, according to my calculations, is about to change."

So, today I share these incredible earrings by @geekablycute. I was truly blown away by the perfection of this pair. The glitter, the reflective material for the name, the shiny vs matte surfaces.

Every detail falling into place.
For a spicy night, maybe.
Geekly elegant.

No comments: