5.3.21

More handsome than you have the right to be

Maybe, just maybe, the number of Kanan-related items that I own started to become embarrassing. But, in my brain, he IS my favorite SW character, so I regret nothing.

Therefore, I could not allow this #rebelsremembered day to unfold without celebrating the heart of this truly beautiful human, and honoring everything he taught me. And, as Ezra said, "I don't mean about the Force, I mean about life. About being a good person."

The strength that comes from our failures and weaknesses, the importance to connect with others showing our true selves, the acceptance of our limits (!), the awareness that we are never alone, that we can reach out and find the support of the people that love us the most.

"The point is that you're not alone. You're connected to every living thing in the universe. But to discover that, you have to let your guard down. You have to be willing to attach to others. If you hang on to your past, if you always try to protect yourself, you'll never be a Jedi."

"You've come a long way in a very short time. Where you go from here is up to you, but know that this family is going to stand by you no matter what you choose."

All this wrapped in the most handsome man that any animated character should have the right to be.

No comments: