17.3.21

Jedi patience

I am not going to lie.
I care that what I share in this account can be something that you might be interested in. It is not just a matter of "likes", but most about content: photos, and captions.

And, folks, I know that what I am sharing today is totally irrelevant for you, so I am sorry for this ugly personal post.

I love my self-imposed discipline.
Somehow, it defines me.
And, yes, I am that kind of person that does things sequentially, recounts from the start if she thinks that something is missing, and feels physical pain when she needs to move a piece of furniture of 10 degrees.

As probably some of you know, I promised myself to not proceed in playing "Vader Immortal" until completing all the dojos with 3 "stars". I treasure this game super much, and I did not want to "burn" it quickly. Therefore, I constructed many personal rules for it.

Initially, I zen-waited to play the first chapter after teaching the spring semester, at end of May. I really loved the game, and the quarantine was still strict, so I completed the first dojo rather swiftly.

Despite imposing myself to start the second chapter after the summer session, and despite the new and impossible targets for the 3 stars, I was at level 43 at the beginning of September.

Luckily, then, this account happened.
And so "Sims4, Batuu", "Squadrons", and "Tales from the Galaxy's Edge". Therefore, basically, I successfully managed not to play until five weeks ago, when I completed level 50, the last, happy as a clam.

Just for then discovering that the level 46 had just **2 stars**.
T H E H O R R O R.

Lecturing, Thrawn, grading, Thrawn, writing, Thrawn.
Fast forward to yesterday night, when I allowed myself to say "fine, this is the time."

Level 50, in comparison, was a piece of cake. 46 had a minimum of 116 targets destroyed in less than 200 seconds: it is a lot of stuff to kill in 3 minutes, believe me.
But I am stubborn, so I beat it.
Also my neighbor knows now. 🙃

So, there. I am done.
Episode III will be the reward for this spring semester.
Call it Jedi patience.

By the way.
The last time I posted about this, I had exactly 7 likes.
So, really, sorry again.

No comments: